About the Role
VAAS Professionals is seeking an accountant who has mid-senior level experience. The successful accountant will be able to apply previous experiences and working knowledge from multiple aspects of the accounting and finance field. We are seeking an individual who is driven, can work independently and in group setting. If you are looking to make a difference in the accounting industry then VAAS Professionals is for you. Our unique culture gives you the freedom to be innovative, achieve your full potential and to chart your own career.
Accountants may be assigned portfolios/accounts and given the opportunity to lead team projects. However; the primary tasks as an accountant is to prepare and examine financial records and file federal, state and local income tax returns and extensions. You will also ensure that records are accurate and that taxes are filed with the respective agencies.
• Prepare tax returns for individuals, S & C Corporations, Partnerships, Trusts and Non-Profits
• Examine statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with various laws and regulations
• Prepare and review financial statements
• Inspect account books and systems; organize and maintain financial records
• Provide auditing services for businesses
• Prepare tax provision schedules by reviewing, formulating and consolidating
• Analyze information; calculate ratios and identify areas of savings
• Prepare tax planning and projections
• Respond to IRS notices independently
• Prepare journal entries for year-end closing, including bank reconciliation
• Generate trial balance and financial statements
• Discuss client and company year-end adjustments to be implemented for upcoming quarters
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; industry certification is a plus
Four plus years of proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Preparer or General Accountant
Working knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
Proficiency in tax software packages (ATX), strong Quick Books skills
Good interpersonal and leadership skills
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
About the Company
Whether you are looking to build, nurture or expand your career, VAAS Professionals is here to help you along the way.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As the world of business continues to develop at an accelerated pace, VAAS Professionals is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At VAAS Professionals, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.